If you’ve never tried to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad, then there’s a whole world of tweaks and add-ons that
await you. Despite misinformed accounts, jailbreaking will not void your warranty and it’s simple to un-install a jailbreak too – you just restore your device
in iTunes. You can also access iTunes, the App Store and all your apps and backups like normal.
- First things first - Before we can get started Check the jailbreak availability for your device.
Would you rather receive personal guidance? We can help for a one-off fee via a one-on-one live chat support with a Jailbreaking expert. Get in touch with our support team →
Nearby? Simply pop-into one of our office locations* and we will Jailbreak your device while you wait - completely free of charge! Or you can send it to our address (recorded delivery please) and don't forget we can also do repairs.
- Download the Jailbreak. There’s only one place to get this from officially and that’s http://evasi0n.com. It’s available for OSX and Windows. Download the appropriate one and unzip the two files within, placing them on your desktop.
- It’s a good idea to restore your device while connected to your computer first, backing it up as well. A clean install will mean the jailbreak should go smoothly. However, this step is NOT required.
- With your device connected via USB to the computer, run the file evasi0n7. A small window will pop up.
- Click on Jailbreak. This will start the jailbreak process and you can kick back and relax for a few minutes. Have a coffee!
- Next the installer will ask you to complete a few tasks. The first is to click on a new evasi0n7 app icon on your devices screen – usually on the second or third page of apps and follow any instructions that appear.
- That’s it! The process will say completed on your computer – you can now disconnect your device.
- You’ll now see a new icon in your device called Cydia – this is where all the tweaks and apps are stored. It’s not quite as slick as the Apple App Store but once you get to know your way around it’s all easy to do.
Tip: The latest jailbreak is only compatible with iOS 7.0.4. Therefore, I’d recommend updating to this version if you haven’t already.
- 5 minutes of your time
- iTunes installed (if you're running Windows)
- An iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 7.0 through 7.0.4 (you may check in Settings / General / About => Version)
- A USB cable to connect the device to the Computer/Mac
- This will jailbreak iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, and ALL other devices.
- You must be on iOS 7 - iOS 7.0.4
- Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you'll always be able to recover your data.
- Make sure iTunes is updated to the latest version.
- If you have a pass-code lock on your device, turn it off before you do the jailbreak. You can turn it back on afterwords.
- Most apps aren't updated to work with iOS 7+ so don't install a package before checking.
- If the process gets stuck somewhere, it's safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts
down), and rerun the process.
- This article applies to the following:
- Apple iOS - 200+ new features on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Running iOS 7.x or above
* Subject to availability and hours.